The information below charts the current and historical interest rates for 14 of the main banks in Turkey, and their 30-Day e-Deposit savings interest rates.
Last Update: 30th April 2015
The data has been gathered based on the following specifications;
- The currency is Turkish Lira
- Basic (un-negotiated) internet interest rate only as advertised on the banks' website
- The amount invested is 25,000TL
- The period of the deposit is one month period (30, 31, or 32 days) (after which interest is payable, and the money can be released without penalty)
The following banks are monitored; Akbank, Citibank, Denizbank, Finansbank, Garanti, Halk Bank, HSBC, ING Bank, Iş Bank, Şekerbank, TEB, Vakifbank, YapıKredi, Ziraat Bank
- Current Lira interest rates - see the current rates available
- Historical Average Lira interest rates - see how the average rate has changed since 2009
- 12 Month Interest Rate Chart - check to see which banks consistently have the best rates
- Historical Lira interest rates - compare banks' rates, and track over time
- Other banking resources on the Bodrum Bulletin
- Understanding Turkish Interest Accounts - our guide to how interest and savings accounts work in Turkey
- e-Deposit Interest Calculator - Now you know the interest rates, you'll want to know how much money you'll make in a deposit period - use our calculator to get the answer!
- Lira Exchange Rate - Live and Historical - Want to know the live or historical Turkish Lira rates against Pounds (Sterling), Euro, and US Dollar?
- 2011 Turkish Bank Charges Review - Bank fees differ substantially in Turkey - from monthly standing charges to fees to withdraw money. We round them up here.